Ford Motor Company Case History
Ford Motor Company had successfully introduced an online employee self-service system (HR ONLINE) that became the company’s “best practice” intranet site. Ervin Marketing provided all employee communications for that effort. Building on this success, Ford sought to parlay its investment in technology into an online tool that would empower management and free HR for more value-added tasks. Ford needed to introduce this new manager self-service system to a population of reluctant managers.
• Engage management with the “vision” early on and throughout the process.
• Create a “buzz” around the new technology that will assist managers in their jobs.
• Provide easy, step-by-step instructions.
• License “Carmen Sandiego” to promote the first step in the
manager self-service process.
• Produce a manager’s training video
that would cascade from top management down.
• Create an interactive e-zine
to enable managers to see what’s available to them now, what’s coming
soon and what’s on the drawing board.
• Develop handy “take
one” instructions managers could use as needed.
• Brand the system
as “My Personnel Connections”.
Ford Manager Self-Service Campaign
Manager Training Video
Poster and Take One Pad
Online Interactive Magazine