Baxter Case History
Baxter International had successfully created a shared services
organization, and with the help of Ervin Marketing, introduced
an online employee self-service system that saved the company
$6.8 million in the first six months of use. Wanting to leverage
their investment in technology and further free HR professionals
to provide more value add to the company, Baxter wanted to
introduce a manager self-service system (MSS). Management, however,
was not enthusiastic about “doing HR’s work.”
• Facilitate HR’s introduction of the manager self-service system
within all business units.
• Educate management regarding the ease
of MSS and benefits to them.
• Engender enthusiastic acceptance of the
• Utilize focus groups to understand management’s point of view and
attitudes toward MSS and uncover the perceived benefits of the target audience.
• Create a “canned” process
and presentation for field HR reps to use to introduce the program.
• Brand the system as “Direct Reports,” marketing
it to managers as a streamlined method of managing their direct
reports, as well as a quick and easy way to directly download
various reports about the people who report to them.
Baxter "Direct Reports” Campaign
“Meeting in a Can” HR Program to
Introduce “Direct Reports”
Marketing & Training
Materials Targeted to Managers